How Would A Draw-thru Carb On A Twin-screw Work?

Discussion in 'General Supercharger Discussion' started by LM93, Nov 26, 2021.

1. LM93

I'm new to the technical side of supercharging so forgive me if the topic has already been answered. I have a Pontiac V8 I'd like to boost the output on. All of the few instances of a carbureted Whipple supercharger I've read about were marine engines that spend most of their time at steady throttle levels. How would a setup like that work on a stick-shift car that is 90% street 10% road course?

Tags:

2. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

Are you asking about the physical setup of it?

3. LM93

No, not the physical setup. I mean how would a good four barrel rated at enough cfm react to the vacuum changes of a 2.8L screw charger going from off to part throttle? How would a screw blower handle fuel moving through it? They're originally designed to run dry, so would getting one with gas-resistant seals be ok, or would that be building a bomb?

4. Gene Climer

I have the same question, but, for the factory GM 3.8L SC engines. I want to switch to draw-thru and can't find anything discussing the capability of the factory SC to handle the wet intake charge? Let me know if you have found the answer.

5. OpposableThumbsConfuseMe