Supercharger=oil Leak

Discussion in 'General Supercharger Discussion' started by wayne n cawley, Jun 3, 2024.

1. wayne n cawley

Now that i got my SC installed, got it running & tuned the carb i have an oil leak. Looks like its coming from the pan gasket. This is all new to me. I am thinking thats is from the extra air being pushed in the engine. What do i need to do to fix it ? Thank you

Tags:

2. ScottyB

Did you take the PCV hose off the front of the carb? It is now a pressure line not vacuum .

3. wayne n cawley

The carb i have doesnt have a port for a PCV line. I had a carb spacer on it with one. Yes i took the PCV valve off. I was told i didnt need it. I talked to a friend of mine who is a engineer & knows a thing or two about superchargers. He said i need to install a catch can with lines coming from the valve covers.

Steve69SS396 likes this.
  4. wayne n cawley

ok i took the pan down & installed a pan gaskets. Got it running without the supercharger hooked up & no oil leaks any where. I also bought different valve covers. I bought ones with baffles. Now my question is when i hook the supercharger back up & i end up with another oil leak "what is going on " ?

5. vinces427bb Staff Member

leaking on the pan rail again??
    are you using silicon on the gasket?
    what brand of gasket are you using??

6. wayne n cawley

Yea i dont get it either Felpro gaskets, silicon between pan & gasket & between the gasket & block. I never ever had this much problems. I can run it as long as i want with no leaks with the SC not hooked up. As soon as i do bam oil leak. Its a big pain in the back side to take the pan down. Not sure i have it in me (right now) to take it down again. There is a little voice in my head saying get rid of the SC its getting to be to much LOL

7. vinces427bb Staff Member

ho
    how big are the openings in the valve covers ??
    it may not be large enough to keep the gaskets in place?
    i have 3-breathers on my engine keeps the crankcase pressures under control..

8. wayne n cawley

I would say aliitle bigger than a quarter. I am going to install a catch can system & maybe a k&n filter for each valve cover. O by the way i got the oil leak fixed. It was the front seal this time. As of right now no leaks.