Engine Stumble Lean Condition

Discussion in 'Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep' started by MOPAR Steve, Jul 24, 2016.

1. MOPAR Steve

Well I have had this problem since install, I'm working with a good tuner and we think that the tune is fine, what we have is a stumble around 2500 to 2700 rpm right when the Vortech V3 kicks in, the computer show the#7 and #4 misfire due to a lean condition, #7 more so than #4, we have swap coil packs, we have swapped injectors, compression test, leak down test, running compression test, change plus gapped at .030, still problem remains we are going to change the MAP sensor next.
    Any insight or similar problems that you have had and fixed please feel free to post and also any ideas you may have.
    After 3000 rpm this car runs great just that initial stumble.

Tags:

2. vinces427bb Staff Member

welcome to the site:blackalien:
    is it taking too long for the computer to richen up the tune when the boost is increasing???
    can your tuner increase fuel to individual cylinders if its only #4 & #7???

3. MOPAR Steve

we did that initially, as a temporary fix, ( i think we increased fuel at that rpm range) but all the trim levels looked good, but I will talk with him and see what exactly he had done, thanks

4. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

What kind of fuel pressure are you running? Also, if it's a just a momentary stumble have him double check the manifold volume and accelerator pump values in the tune, if they aren't adjusted with the different volume the intake might have over stock, the PCM may start enrichment a tad late.

5. MOPAR Steve

Thanks for the reply, as it hit's boost at that RPM, I'm running 60 psi on the fuel pressure and I will have him check those.

6. MOPAR Steve

Well changed PCM and most of the issues went away.

7. MOPAR Steve

Well it's back but misfire codes all gone, now in 5th or 6th gear, if I'm around 2000 rpm and press gas hard and I'm passing thru 2400 to 2600 I get a violent jerk a stumble, then gone. any Ideas this is a V3 Vortech.

8. Autowiz

If you changed the pcm and it went away for a time and came back, then perhaps you have a bad, poor, or loose connection at the ecu. Disturb the ecu connectors again. unplug and plug back in. See if it goes away. Try a wiggle test. With the engine running wiggle the ecu harness at the connector and see if it creates any problems. Past that it does sound like a tuning issue.

9. MOPAR Steve

The stumble didn't go away the misfire codes did, we did replace the 2 bar MAP sensor and calibrated it and now it runs a lot better