392 Hemi Stroker! 07 Chrysler Aspen Questions About Supercharging!

Discussion in 'General Supercharger Discussion' started by Chad123, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Chad123

Hi all,

New to the forum here! Was just curious what all is needed to install a blower/supercharger on my Stroked 392 hemi once the build is complete. I am building the motor for forced induction, keeping compression down and everything will be forged. I just don't know alot about the different types of superchargers and honestly with this build I don't want to spend the $7k on some of the supercharging that's out there like the Edelbrok that fits nicely under the factory hood. I have seen a few 671 superchargers out there for roughly $3k and that seems more on my cash flow level. My question is with an 07' stroker and having MDS and after my tune and all is done, what adapter plates and pieces will I need to install one of these superchargers? To me all I have seen is twin 4 barrels on these types of blowers.

Tags:

2. vinces427bb Staff Member

welcome to the site;
    how big is the displacement on the stroker?
    how low is the compression?
    with your stroker you may need an 8-71 for your boost and airflow needs.
    these days you can run several different fuel injection systems instead of tuning the carbs for your vehicle.

and you need to decide for sure whether or not you want a big hole in the hood
    with a bunch of shiny $$$ parts sticking thru that hole:jawdrop:
    what is this going into would play into your hole cutting decision as most vehicles have their own packaging issues
    fitting the supercharger underhood was best for me:blackalien:

Chad123 likes this.
  3. vinces427bb Staff Member

4. vinces427bb Staff Member

Chad123 likes this.
  5. Chad123

Thanks for replying! And thanks for your opinion of the blower out of the hood! I think it will look pretty sick as well. Let me show you the Aspen as I have already made it look pretty unique. Your thoughts with a blower sticking out on this????? Lol

IMG_0676.JPG #ad

6. Chad123

Vinces as far as all the numbers goes I am still unsure as I will be building this come next spring. I know what I want, but now going with forced induction I have learned that I can't get the cam lop that I was wanting and need to keep the compression down to 9:1, I've heard I can do 10:1 safely with a blower and since I'm going thru the entire engine with a all forged SCAT rotating assembly it'll handle quiet a bit of boost without issue. Still a daily driver but I love making things unique. Don't like having what everyone else has! So I'll get some numbers together and let ya know. As for the blower and possibly an 8-71 I thought those were just for big blocks. My main issue is lack of knowledge with S/Cr's and I am wanting to know what additional parts I'll need to go along with this build, like different intake and if I'll need different ignition/fuel parts. I know injectors will need to be upgraded for sure. But I'm pretty clueless to a lot with this build. I pretty much want the truck to sound just as different as it looks, old school lopping cam with that pretty WHINE. Let me know your thoughts!

7. Chad123

I forgot to mention I would love nothing more that a shiny polished blower sticking thru the hood!!!! That would complete that sick look for this ride.

8. boostedbuick

Chad, neat idea. I will have to warn you about the money. When you are going in such a different direction the "little things" keep adding up. They usually add up to big money in the end. I got my Procharger for free and still ended up spending thousands. unique=$$$$$

Best of luck.