Boost Gauges ?

Discussion in 'General Supercharger Discussion' started by Powerband, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Powerband

New to FI and looking for recommendation for fairly accurate and affordable boost gauges. I'm using inexpensive Stew/Warn mechanical gauges before and after carb but they are tough to read and not confident of accuracy.

thanks

[​IMG]#ad

Tags:

2. vinces427bb Staff Member

the current gauges should be accurate to the SAE standards - but there are several levels of accuracy
    i could not find the exact specs; but i would guess by pricing that they are in the range of +/-4% or better readings
    i test vacuum and pressure gauges at work and have calibrated reference gauges to compare the reading of the gauge under test...
    these are electronic with analog sweep and digital read out, there are others that would have similar functions though;
    http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Black-and-Blue-MaxTow-30-PSI-Boost-Vacuum-Gauge.aspx
    [​IMG]#ad

3. vinces427bb Staff Member

the other idea that is viable is that your fuel injection system has an MAP sensor...
    that signal should be able to be tapped into and displayed in real time with an electronic/digital gauge readout.:oops:

4. vinces427bb Staff Member

5. vinces427bb Staff Member

6. Powerband

Thanks for the info, I see that Summit has analog Boost gauges with better resolution for a little more money (0-15 rather than 0-30 psi) and the link / sample has some inexpensive digital . I like the gauges with a Peak-Hold function.

PS: I'm using gauges before and after carb.

[​IMG]#ad

have fun

7. boostedbuick

Boost gauges are worthless without some way of data logging. You are way to busy at max boost to try and read a gauge. :woot: So looking for at least having peak-hold feature is good.

8. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

For accuracy you might want to look into the gauges that have a calibration manifold verses the kind with just a tube running from the intake manifold to the gauge. They have an electronic part which calibrates to current conditions (temp, altitude, etc.) every time you start. Auto Meter has those as well as their regular gauges. Probably other companies too. I don't remember any part numbers its been a while.